Perhaps one of the most impressive features of this software is its data manipulation functionality. Editing datasets is a breeze in both the â€œstandardâ€ and â€œHot editingâ€ modes. The â€œstandardâ€ mode refers to editing records one-per-page. â€œHot editingâ€ refers to a method where multiple records can be modified at the same time using an interface similar to that of a typical electronic spreadsheet. The data editing engine automatically recognizes the data type of each field, including enumerative types (managed through drop-down lists). Itâ€™s also possible to specify very complex relationships between tables. -- courtesy of PHP Architect
• August 2002- Testimonial on phpLens by Ajit Dixit I come from Mumbai (Bombay) which is said to be financial capital for India. I work for a Pharmaceutical Company 'Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd'. PHPLens is fantastic product and the more I am working with it, the more in love I am with the Product.
I joined this company around six months back as General Manager (IT), in charge of IT activities. This was a newly formed company with no Infotech base. First three months were spent by me in understanding the business processes and setting up base transactional systems like accounting, sales, payroll etc.
In March 2002 we had put up our Intranet server and the challenge was before me to set up an Intranet infrastructure. Thanks to Linux and Open Source community that I could immediately set up my own mail infrastructure using cyrus , postfix and IMAP libraries and web based interface.
Then we started building infrastructure on PHP using PHPLens, Smarty, JPGraph, ADODB and till today I have written more than 650 programs and have almost covered 70% of MIS / Collaboration / Project Management / Workflow based system just in two months
This was only possible due to PHPLens You can develop high quality programs at the speed of thinking with PHPLens.
Thanks for such a great library.
• A HOWTO on Optimizing PHP An excellent discussion on advanced optimization and debugging for PHP by the author of phpLens. Explains why optimizing PHP involves many factors which are not code related, and why tuning PHP requires an understanding of how PHP performs in relation to all the other subsystems on your server, and then identifying bottlenecks caused by these subsystems and fixing them.
• 30 Aug 2001 Internet Week: E-businesses are buying more (Java) application servers than they need Some IT shops are overspending by thousands or even millions of dollars on Enterprise Java Beans application servers when lighter-weight alternatives would do.
This article highlights the complexity and high memory requirements for implementing a Java based solution. And where are you going to find the skilled Java programmers anyway? We think that phpLens offers a better solution.
• 19 May 2001 php-es.com: Fantastico script, PhpLens Con phpLens, las pÃ¡ginas web se pueden crear para presentar datos como vectores de HTML, con recursos para crear, corregir, paginar, buscar y o incluso suprimir. Una manera de crear pÃ¡ginas dinÃ¡micas rÃ¡pidamente. Es muy bueno.
With phpLens, Web pages can be created to present/display data like HTML tables, with resources to create, to correct, to paginate, to search and even delete. This is a way to create dynamic pages quickly. It is very good.
• 5 May 2001 Lightning Instrumentation SA chooses phpLens on Linux Lightning Instrumentation SA of Lausanne, Switzerland creates innovative and fully configurable high tech internet secure gateway appliances with Linux 2.4 for embedded Power PC. Jean-Michel Juzan, the IT manager for Lightning Instrumentation SA says, "We have chosen phplens for our data warehousing and for our Web site, Online Secure Shop and 24/24 online help support and to customize kernel-linux on-line. The web site is under construction to integrate fully phplens capability."